INDIA: FCI gain court ban on workers' demonstration
Najamus Saqib, senior regional manager of the Food Corporation of India (FCI), has applied to the courts to prevent the company's workers from staging another demonstration outside its regional offices. Tension escalated between FCI's management and workers when a union office-bearer was suspended for allegedly assaulting a FCI official. FCI workers went on strike and held a press conference highlighting their resolve, which was followed by a demonstration.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea