INDIA: FCI gain court ban on workers' demonstration
Najamus Saqib, senior regional manager of the Food Corporation of India (FCI), has applied to the courts to prevent the company's workers from staging another demonstration outside its regional offices. Tension escalated between FCI's management and workers when a union office-bearer was suspended for allegedly assaulting a FCI official. FCI workers went on strike and held a press conference highlighting their resolve, which was followed by a demonstration.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Wilmar urges palm oil "labour transformation"