USA: FDA Announcement 'A Win for Consumer Confidence in Biotechnology,' Says NFPA
NFPA Calls Mandatory Review for New Biotech Food Products and Establishment Of Guidance for Label Claims 'The Right Decision'The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's announcement that the Agency will propose a mandatory review process prior to the marketing of new biotech food products, as well as guidance for making label claims for "biotech" or "biotech-free" products, "is a win for consumer confidence in the acceptability of food biotechnology," according to the National Food Processors Association (NFPA).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units