USA: FDA proposal for biotech labeling and product approval "a victory for consumers"
Saturday's (17 February) release by the Food and Drug Administration of proposed rules affecting the way biotech food products are approved and labeled should reinforce consumer confidence said the Grocery Manufacturers of America. "This is a victory for consumers," said Lisa Katic, a registered dietitian and GMA's Director of Scientific and Nutrition Policy. "This will make an already effective regulatory system more open and transparent. Most importantly, there is again renewed acknowledgement that food biotechnology is safe."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs