USA: FDA proposed rule "a strong step forward for consumer confidence in biotechnology," says NFPA
A proposed rule by the Food and Drug Administration providing for a mandatory review process prior to the marketing of new biotech food products, and draft guidance for making label claims for "biotech" or "biotech-free" products, "is a strong step forward for consumer confidence in food biotechnology," according to the National Food Processors Association (NFPA). The rule and guidance were issued by FDA on January 17.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods