USA: FDA proposed rule "a strong step forward for consumer confidence in biotechnology," says NFPA
A proposed rule by the Food and Drug Administration providing for a mandatory review process prior to the marketing of new biotech food products, and draft guidance for making label claims for "biotech" or "biotech-free" products, "is a strong step forward for consumer confidence in food biotechnology," according to the National Food Processors Association (NFPA). The rule and guidance were issued by FDA on January 17.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund