US: FDA reinstates Sunland registration
A recall was initiated by the company on 24 September and included peanut butter and other nut butter products
The US Food and Drug Administration has reinstated the food facility registration of Sunland, the peanut products manufacturer linked to an outbreak of salmonella last year.
The FDA had suspended the operations of Sunland, the New Mexico food producer linked to salmonella-tainted peanut butter, in November.
However, in an update yesterday (7 January), the producer said it has given Sunland the green light to resume processing and distributing raw peanuts from its peanut mill plant in Portales.
But in order to process or distribute ready-to-eat food, Sunland must complete further corrective actions and receive authorisation from FDA, the government agency said.
A recall was initiated by the company on 24 September and included peanut butter and other nut butter products produced in a separate building from where raw and roasted peanuts are processed. The recall was the result of 29 people having reported Salmonella illnesses across 18 states, which has since expanded.
Sectors: Food safety
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Herbal Supplements and Remedies in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Ginkgo Biloba, Garlic, Ginseng, Echinacea, St. John's Wort, Soy, Aloe V...
The consumer outlook toward food products has changed significantly in recent years. Many consumers associate food with health and wellness. This perception has led to the evolution of functional food...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report