USA: FDA to intensify checks on marine aquaculture product imports
Imported marine aquaculture products are to undergo intensified checks after the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced a crack down on goods that may contain residues of unauthorised drugs.
The agency explained that such products would now be detained to enable authorities to fully check for the presence of drugs not authorised for use in the US. If such residues are found, the goods will be banned from entering the country.
Only five drugs have been authorised for use in aquaculture by the US; these are formalin solution, MS-222 (tricaine metasulfonate), oxytetracycline, sulfamerazine, and sulfadimetoxine/ormetoprim combinations.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has begun to loosen its labelling restrictions, allowing manufacturers of certain products to make qualified health claims on the labels. This has led to some...
LycoRed has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the use of Tomat-O-Red natural tomato lycopene as a food colouring....
The US Food and Drug Administration will begin notifying food companies in writing before demanding records in an emergency....
The US Food and Drug Administration has ruled that most cheeses can be fortified with enough vitamin D to be eligible to make the labelling claim "excellent source of vitamin D."...
Telling pregnant women to eat less fish that may contain mercury causes more harm than good, say Harvard University researchers....
Kalsec, a producer of herb and spice flavourings and colourings, has asked the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) today to rescind its acceptance of the use of carbon monoxide in case-ready meats....
US food giant H.J. Heinz has welcomed the decision by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to grant approval for the use of a Qualified Health Claim for raw, cooked, dried or canned tomatoes....
The US Food and Drug Administration is to go ahead with a ban on a livestock antibiotic, despite a last-ditch attempt by poultry veterinarians to delay the embargo....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020