USA: FDI files brief with US Supreme Court over PACA court case
Food Distributors International (FDI) has filed a brief with the US Supreme Court in a bid to preserve the right of food distributors and producers to engage in what it describes as "legitimate, off-invoice practices". FDI argues that this right is recognised under the amendments to the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA), and in submitting the filing, justices were asked to review the case of JSG Trading Corporation v. the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units