USA: FDI files brief with US Supreme Court over PACA court case
Food Distributors International (FDI) has filed a brief with the US Supreme Court in a bid to preserve the right of food distributors and producers to engage in what it describes as "legitimate, off-invoice practices". FDI argues that this right is recognised under the amendments to the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA), and in submitting the filing, justices were asked to review the case of JSG Trading Corporation v. the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods