USA: FDI files brief with US Supreme Court over PACA court case
FDI argues that this right is recognised under the amendments to the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA), and in submitting the filing, justices were asked to review the case of JSG Trading Corporation v. the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
JSG has been charged with carrying out collateral fee practices, after the USDA redefined the PACA amendment as "commercial bribery". The FDI insists that JSG's actions were legitimate and argues that any appeals court decision siding with USDA will "invite standardless investigations".
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report