USA: Federal agreement allows Winn-Dixie to buy 68 stores from bankrupt Jitney-Jungle
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission announced Tuesday that a consent agreement would allow Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. to acquire 68 supermarkets and other assets from the bankrupt Jitney-Jungle Stores of America, Inc. Regulators said the agreement would not "illegally reduce competition in the relevant geographic markets."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast