INDIA: Federal budget boost to agricultural reform
The proposed agricultural reforms will receive an important boost, according to finance minister Yashwant Sinha, who recently uncovered plans for the 2001-02 federal budget. By continuing capital market reforms and removing tax controls, the budget is expected to improve government expenditure and rationalise subsidies both essential to the continuing reform of the agricultural sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival