USA: Federal court dismisses environmental class action suit against Smithfield
A federal judge in Tampa, Florida has dismissed a major environmental class action lawsuit against major hog processor Smithfield Foods. The suit, which sought hundreds of millions of dollars of damages, was filed by a coalition of plaintiffs' lawyers led by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. Kennedy had said in a series of news conferences last year that he intended to use it and other lawsuits as a means of "shutting down Smithfield's farm operations."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO