SERBIA: Ferrero invests in Serbian "centre for hazelnut production"
Ferrero to begin hazelnut cultivation in Serbia
Italian confectioner Ferrero Group is investing in hazelnut cultivation in Serbia in a bid to create a European "centre for hazelnut production" in the country.
Ferrero signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Dragan Glamocic, Serbia's Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management yesterday (6 February). A spokesperson for the company told just-food that the deal would see Ferrero begin its own hazelnut farming venture in the country as well as cooperating with local growers.
"Through this investment in the Republic of Serbia, the Ferrero Group is planning to establish a Centre for Hazelnut Production by starting its own production at 1,000 hectares and by establishing cooperation with individual agricultural producers on the territory of central and south Serbia with the aim of increasing hazelnut cultivation in these areas," the spokesperson explained.
Ferrero Group - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
Ferrero will continue to benefit from its huge brand popularity in Italy, which was the aim of a long-term strategy. During the forecast period, in order to face the increasing competition posed by le...
Ferrero, as one of the top companies in packaged food and a strong leader in confectionery in Germany, will continue to focus on its innovative strength and strong brand communication, which are the m...
Ferrero France is expected to maintain its leading position in confectionery and spreads, thanks to its strong brands, high reputation and wide consumer base. The company is forecast to develop new re...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Weston Foods acquires Creative Occasions
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019