SERBIA: Ferrero invests in Serbian "centre for hazelnut production"
Ferrero to begin hazelnut cultivation in Serbia
Italian confectioner Ferrero Group is investing in hazelnut cultivation in Serbia in a bid to create a European "centre for hazelnut production" in the country.
Ferrero signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Dragan Glamocic, Serbia's Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management yesterday (6 February). A spokesperson for the company told just-food that the deal would see Ferrero begin its own hazelnut farming venture in the country as well as cooperating with local growers.
"Through this investment in the Republic of Serbia, the Ferrero Group is planning to establish a Centre for Hazelnut Production by starting its own production at 1,000 hectares and by establishing cooperation with individual agricultural producers on the territory of central and south Serbia with the aim of increasing hazelnut cultivation in these areas," the spokesperson explained.
Working with Kantar Worldpanel, just-food provides a data set showing the ten most-chosen food brands in the BRICs in 2013. Ferrero's Kinder and Mondelez International's Alpen Gold were new entrants i...
Ferrero will continue to benefit from its huge brand popularity in Italy, which was the aim of a long-term strategy. During the forecast period, in order to face the increasing competition posed by le...
Ferrero, as one of the top companies in packaged food and a strong leader in confectionery in Germany, will continue to focus on its innovative strength and strong brand communication, which are the m...
Ferrero France is expected to maintain its leading position in confectionery and spreads, thanks to its strong brands, high reputation and wide consumer base. The company is forecast to develop new re...
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- just the answer: Birds Eye UK Margaret Jobling
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- The bitesize interview - The Kids Food Co.
- Comment: ConAgra failing to address core issues
- Ferrero seals deal for hazelnut firm Oltan
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Hain Celestial buys remainder of poultry JV