SERBIA: Ferrero invests in Serbian "centre for hazelnut production"
Ferrero to begin hazelnut cultivation in Serbia
Italian confectioner Ferrero Group is investing in hazelnut cultivation in Serbia in a bid to create a European "centre for hazelnut production" in the country.
Ferrero signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Dragan Glamocic, Serbia's Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management yesterday (6 February). A spokesperson for the company told just-food that the deal would see Ferrero begin its own hazelnut farming venture in the country as well as cooperating with local growers.
"Through this investment in the Republic of Serbia, the Ferrero Group is planning to establish a Centre for Hazelnut Production by starting its own production at 1,000 hectares and by establishing cooperation with individual agricultural producers on the territory of central and south Serbia with the aim of increasing hazelnut cultivation in these areas," the spokesperson explained.
Confectionery comprises of chocolate, sugar confectionery, and gum. Cocoa and sugar are the raw materials for chocolate and latex is the raw material used for gum. Many new varieties of confectionery ...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015