GREECE: Feta cheese from Greece gains protected status
Only certain regions of Greece may henceforth market its cheese as 'feta' after the European Commission confirmed new rules today [Monday]. The cheese has been awarded PDO status (Protected Designation of Origin). In June, the Commission had referred the proposed regulation to the Council of Ministers. As the latter has not made an objection within the agreed three-month consultation period, the Commission will now formally adopt the regulation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods