GREECE: Feta cheese from Greece gains protected status
Only certain regions of Greece may henceforth market its cheese as 'feta' after the European Commission confirmed new rules today [Monday]. The cheese has been awarded PDO status (Protected Designation of Origin). In June, the Commission had referred the proposed regulation to the Council of Ministers. As the latter has not made an objection within the agreed three-month consultation period, the Commission will now formally adopt the regulation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units