GREECE: Feta cheese from Greece gains protected status
Only certain regions of Greece may henceforth market its cheese as 'feta' after the European Commission confirmed new rules today [Monday]. The cheese has been awarded PDO status (Protected Designation of Origin). In June, the Commission had referred the proposed regulation to the Council of Ministers. As the latter has not made an objection within the agreed three-month consultation period, the Commission will now formally adopt the regulation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk