UK: Few consumers understand nutrition labels
UK consumers have yet to fully grasp even the basics of nutrition, and 93% find the information of food packaging too complicated to understand, according to a new "eat smart" survey of 1,000 food shoppers. An enormous 75% of those questioned were unaware of what RDA (recommended daily allowance) means on food packaging. Some of the answers included guesses at Royal Dramatic Art or Regional Development Agency.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill