UK: Few consumers understand nutrition labels
UK consumers have yet to fully grasp even the basics of nutrition, and 93% find the information of food packaging too complicated to understand, according to a new "eat smart" survey of 1,000 food shoppers. An enormous 75% of those questioned were unaware of what RDA (recommended daily allowance) means on food packaging. Some of the answers included guesses at Royal Dramatic Art or Regional Development Agency.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund