USA: Tyson/IBP: fight reaches the final rounds - COMMENT
Tyson has reentered merger negotiations with IBP after a US court ruling. The US's largest chicken producer is being forced to go ahead with its purchase of IBP. The court rejected Tyson's claims that it was mislead about potential accounting problems. While there are likely some benefits to Tyson in diversifying outside of the chicken industry, it may still not be the right company to turn IBP around.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth