UK: Finance director faces charges over £4.7m loss from Co-op account
A former finance director of Ilkeston Co-op group is facing legal charges in connection with the disappearance of £4.7m (US$6.9m) from the company's accounts. Martin Sale is already facing civil proceedings at the High Court in London, proceedings Sale states will be "vigorously defended". The civil action has been launched following an investigation into alleged accounting irregularities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action