TURKEY: Financial charges push Migros Ticaret into red
Turkish retailer Migros Ticaret booked an increase in sales and EBITDA for last year but financial expenses hit its bottom line.
The company posted a net loss of TRL463.2m for 2013, compared to net income of TRL88.1m for a year earlier.
Other profit metrics improved. EBITDA grew 9.1% to TRL430m. Operating profit was up 19.5% at TRL236m.
Sales reached TRL7.13bn, up 9.9% on 2012.
At the end of 2013, Migros Ticaret had 1,004 stores. As well as Turkey, the retailer operates outlets in two smaller overseas markets - Macedonia and Kazakhstan.
Migros wants to strengthen its strong position in Turkish retailing, and to be a strong, regional retail chain, which ranks either first or second in the countries in which it operates. In line with i...
The 3% current value growth recorded in grocery retailers in Turkey during 2013 was a substantially better performance than the 2% current value CAGR recorded in the category over the entire review pe...
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Turkey....
This is a detailed report covering Metro’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Turkey....
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015