UK: Findus Group appoints Unilever Italy chairman as CEO
James Hill will take up the role at Findus on 1 April
Hill will take up the role at Findus on 1 April, the company said today (17 January). At Findus, Hill will be asked to use his experience of developing and navigating Unilever's Italian business through a tough macroeconomic climate.
In October last year, Findus' own finances were put on a more stable footing after the firm secured a GBP220m (US$355m) cash injection from a consortium of investors groups, some of which also took boardroom seats in the frozen seafood firm.
Hill said: "The recent restructuring provides a solid financial platform and I can see the potential for significant profitable growth in the future."
James Hill appointed Chief Executive
The Board of Findus Group, multinational food business headquartered in the UK and with market leading
operations and brands around Europe, including UK, France, Nordics and Spain, today announces the
appointment of James Hill as its new Chief Executive. James will join the Group on 1 April 2013.
James is an experienced executive having successfully led several major European Unilever FMCG
businesses over a 32 year career including being Chief Executive of Birds Eye Walls for four years and
Findus Italy for a year prior to its disposal in 2010.
He joins from Unilever Italy (a €1.2b business), which has enjoyed volume growth and stable profitability
as well as progressed significant cultural change during difficult economic conditions in southern Europe.
From 2007 to 2010 he was Chief Executive of a Unilever internal spin-off division which created €600m of
value from a portfolio of non-core food brands. Prior to this he held various other roles within Unilever.
Dale Morrison, Chairman of Findus Group said:
“James has an outstanding track record of developing businesses through imaginative brand building, tight
cost control and strong leadership. He has in depth knowledge of the frozen food market and considerable
international experience including European coordination roles. We look forward to James successfully leading
Findus Group in its next phase of development and building on the strong platform put in place over the past
James Hill, Group Chief Executive said:
“I am delighted to be joining Findus with its great brands, strong businesses and talented people. The recent
restructuring provides a solid financial platform and I can see the potential for significant profitable growth in
Original source: http://www.findusgroup.com/
Front-of-pack nutrition labels. It is a divisive subject that can turn those on both sides of the debate a nice shade of red....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review