EUROPE: Finland's Valio extends Evolus to Portugal, Spain
Finnish dairy group Valio has said its functional dairy product Evolus is now available to consumers in Portugal and Spain.
The fermented milk-based products, which are designed to lower elevated blood pressure, were launched in the Iberian Peninsula in February 2005. Valio licenses the technology for Evolus, which was launched on the company's domestic market in 2000 and expanded to Iceland in 2003.
In Spain the products are made locally and marketed under the Kaiku Vita brand, while the Emmi Evolus products for the Portuguese market are made in Switzerland.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant