UK: Finsbury approves Lightbody buy, shuffles board
At an extraordinary general meeting, shareholders of cake manufacturer Finsbury Food Group approved the acquisition of Lightbody Group for a total consideration of GBP37.5m (US$73.47m). The deal, which was originally announced at the end of January, will make Finsbury the market leader in the UK premium cakes sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Mondelez takes thinner Oreos to Germany