UK: Finsbury Food Group appoints Baker as chairman
Finsbury Food Group has announced a new chairman
UK cake maker Finsbury Food Group has appointed Peter Baker, a former executive at companies including Maple Leaf Foods and RHM, as its chairman.
Baker will replace Martin Lightbody as Finsbury chairman in July.
He was most recently the managing director of Maple Leaf Foods' UK bakery business, a position he held between 2009 and 2013.
Baker's 30-year career also includes stints at the former RHM Consumer Brands, British Bakeries and Rank Hovis Mills. He has also been a director at cereal manufacturer Jordans.
John Duffy, Finsbury's CEO, said: "Finsbury Food is at a pivotal stage of its evolution and we have been shaping the expertise and capabilities of the board accordingly. Peter's wealth of global industry and plc experience will be a considerable asset to the group."
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site