UK: Finsbury Food Group appoints finance chief
Finsbury Food Group, the UK cake maker, has appointed Food Investors consultant Stephen Boyd as group finance director.
Boyd has previously held positions at WT Foods, Noon Products and Golden Wonder. His most recent role was with Food Investors where he worked with a team to invest in private-equity backed businesses.
Boyd replaces Lisa Morgan who will step down from the board with immediate effect and will leave the company following a handover period at the end of March.
"We are very pleased that Stephen will be joining the Finsbury family and I look forward to working with him once again. He will be a great asset to the group and we will reap the benefits of his extensive industry experience," chief executive John Duffy said.
Prior to entering its closed period, Finsbury said the firm continues to "trade in line with market expectations".
The company will hold an analyst briefing on 23 March.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO