UK: Fire hits Fox's Biscuits site
One hospitalised after a fire broke out at a Fox's manufacturing site
A building contractor suffered burns to his legs and others were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a Fox's Biscuits manufacturing facility in Yorkshire.
A fire in a storage tank at the Batley site yesterday (22 February) led to the contractor being taken to hopsital and at least six others treated on-site after breathing in smoke.
"There was a small fire which happened in a diesel storage tank," a spokesperson for Fox's owner 2 Sisters Food Group told just-food. "Some contractors were working on-site and a spark ignited, but the fire was contained in the storage tanker."
Although the storage tanker was located some distance from buildings housing production equipment, approximately 450 people were evacuated for around four hours.
Nevertheless, the spokesperson emphasised: "We moved very quickly back to production and the incident will have a negligible impact on production levels."
There was no damage to buildings or equipment.
UK food manufacturer 2 Sisters Food Group is planning to cut more jobs at its RF Brookes plant in Leicestershire....
UK food company 2 Sisters Food Group has confirmed it is in contact with Indian retail giant Reliance Retail as it considers its options for expansion in the country....
2 Sisters Food Group has expanded its Fox's biscuits range in the UK with the launch of Rocky Chockas....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti