One hospitalised after a fire broke out at a Foxs manufacturing site

One hospitalised after a fire broke out at a Fox's manufacturing site

A building contractor suffered burns to his legs and others were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a Fox's Biscuits manufacturing facility in Yorkshire.

A fire in a storage tank at the Batley site yesterday (22 February) led to the contractor being taken to hopsital and at least six others treated on-site after breathing in smoke.

"There was a small fire which happened in a diesel storage tank," a spokesperson for Fox's owner 2 Sisters Food Group told just-food. "Some contractors were working on-site and a spark ignited, but the fire was contained in the storage tanker."

Although the storage tanker was located some distance from buildings housing production equipment, approximately 450 people were evacuated for around four hours.

Nevertheless, the spokesperson emphasised: "We moved very quickly back to production and the incident will have a negligible impact on production levels."

There was no damage to buildings or equipment.