UK: First Farms Get Swine Fever All-Clear
Tests for CSF by Government scientists were confirmed as negative.
Two of the three farms which had reported possible symptoms of the deadly pig disease were outside East Anglia, where the outbreak began on 8 August.
Given the all clear were:
a fattening unit in Norfolk;
a farm in Cheshire;
a farm in Derbyshire.
The farmers are being contacted immediately by MAFF officials.
Agriculture Minister Nick Brown said:
"These first results are very encouraging, but there is still a great deal to be done."
To find out more about Swine Fever Click Here
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch