First Milk launches CNP protein shake
First Milk has launched a protein shake under the CNP brand
First Milk has launched a range of high-protein milkshakes under its CNP sports nutrition brand in the UK.
ProShake Protein is a "healthier alternative to fat-filled milkshakes and sugary fizzy drinks" the company said.
The range comprises three flavours and is fat-free and contains no added sugars. It also contains 37g of protein. ProShake is launching in Tesco at an RSP of GBP2.50 (US$3.78)
Paul Miley, newly appointed interim managing director of CNP, said: "As protein continues to move into the mainstream, retailers have an opportunity to embrace more nutritious convenience options for the growing number of health conscious consumers. It’s an exciting time to be launching in this marketplace, as more consumers begin to understand the role protein can play in their everyday diet and general fitness."
Last week,First Milk announced it was cutting jobs and reducing the price it pays farmers as it works to improve its financial position. The company said it would "refocus" the business on core UK dairy contracts and customers.
The core areas of the business are those which process the majority of its members’ milk, manufacturing dairy products such as hard and soft cheeses and skimmed milk powder, a spokesperson told just-food.
CNP and all activity related to the sports nutrition sector will be controlled by the CNP team out of the Hyde manufacturing plant.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review