UK: First Milk launches cooking sauce range
First Milk has launched a range of cooking sauces
UK dairy co-operative First Milk has launched a range of cooking sauces.
The Lake District Dairy Co. Cooking Sauces will be available in three flavours: garlic and herb; tikka; and tomato and basil.
The launch "builds on the continuing success" of First Milk's Quark range launched 14 months ago, the firm said.
First Milk marketing director David Young said: "Our expanding range of dairy nutrition and lifestyle nutrition is delivering genuine newness to consumers. With typically up to half the calories and up to treble the protein of competitor products - Lake District Dairy Co. Cooking Sauces fit perfectly into consumer needs for healthy natural alternatives for day-to-day recipes.
First Milk is aiming for a September launch of the range in supermarkets across the UK.
Challenging conditions in the global dairy sector were again confirmed when both First Milk and DMK reported lower earnings. European meat firm Vion, however, insisted that its results were "improved"...
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch