UK: First Milk ups milk price
The First Milk rise follows announcements by a number of major UK milk processors that they would be increasing prices
First Milk is to raise the standard price it pays producers in its liquid milk pool by 2.6p per litre to 28.65p per litre.
The UK co-op said today (20 September) it will also raise the price it pays producers in its balancing pool by 1.25p per litre to 27.35p per litre.
In addition, First Milk said that on the back of "a solid trading performance" in the six months to March 2012, it would pay out a 3% return on members' capital account balances in October.
As increased returns from the marketplace would be staggered over October and November, First Milk said it would raise the liquid pool price in two stages, by 1p per litre from 1 October and 1.6p per litre from 1 November. The balancing price rise will also be managed in two phases, 0.5p per litre from 1 October and 0.75p per litre from 1 November.
The First Milk rise follows announcements by a number of major UK milk processors that they would be increasing prices after facing protests from their suppliers during the summer.
Earlier this month, Robert Wiseman Dairies, owned by German yoghurt giant Muller, announced it is to increase its price by 2.57p to 29p per litre from 15 October. Dairy Crest this month said it was "on track" to up the price it pays farmers for milk having postponed plans to cut prices.
UK retailer The Co-operative Group has also announced it is to increase its price to 30p per litre from 1 October after a review of "market conditions".
Dairy Crest has launched a formula-based 12-month contract for non-aligned direct suppliers....
Fonterra and New Zealand's government are trying to reassure officials in key export markets that the country's milk supply is safe, after traces of agricultural chemical dicyandiamide were found in s...
Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller has confirmed plans to invest GBP17m (US$27.3m) in a new UK facility that will see the company move into butter manufacturing in the country....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020