UK: First UK accreditation for BSE testing lab
Reading Scientific Services Ltd has gained UKAS accreditation for its BSE testing service - the first and only commercial testing service for BSE in the UK. The accreditation comes just a couple of months after RSSL first launched the service. The equipment and testing methodology used by RSSL was developed by Bio-Rad. It is considered to be the most sensitive and reliable test for detecting the BSE prion in brain stem material taken from the animal carcass. It is the prion protein that is thought to cause BSE in cattle, and is considered by some to be the causative agent of new variant CJD in humans.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target