UK: First UK accreditation for BSE testing lab
Reading Scientific Services Ltd has gained UKAS accreditation for its BSE testing service - the first and only commercial testing service for BSE in the UK. The accreditation comes just a couple of months after RSSL first launched the service. The equipment and testing methodology used by RSSL was developed by Bio-Rad. It is considered to be the most sensitive and reliable test for detecting the BSE prion in brain stem material taken from the animal carcass. It is the prion protein that is thought to cause BSE in cattle, and is considered by some to be the causative agent of new variant CJD in humans.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins