UK: First UK accreditation for BSE testing lab
Reading Scientific Services Ltd has gained UKAS accreditation for its BSE testing service - the first and only commercial testing service for BSE in the UK. The accreditation comes just a couple of months after RSSL first launched the service. The equipment and testing methodology used by RSSL was developed by Bio-Rad. It is considered to be the most sensitive and reliable test for detecting the BSE prion in brain stem material taken from the animal carcass. It is the prion protein that is thought to cause BSE in cattle, and is considered by some to be the causative agent of new variant CJD in humans.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review