EU: Fischler calls for international cooperation to secure future of fisheries
Addressing the 7th North-Atlantic Fisheries Ministers Conference, Franz Fischler, Commissioner for Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries stressed the need for fisheries managers to work together to find effective solutions to the problems experienced in fisheries world-wide. Fischler cited the case of the blue whiting stock which is severely overexploited after years of overfishing as one of the cases where only cooperation among the parties concerned would ensure sustainability in this fishery.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units