EU: Fischler calls for international cooperation to secure future of fisheries
Addressing the 7th North-Atlantic Fisheries Ministers Conference, Franz Fischler, Commissioner for Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries stressed the need for fisheries managers to work together to find effective solutions to the problems experienced in fisheries world-wide. Fischler cited the case of the blue whiting stock which is severely overexploited after years of overfishing as one of the cases where only cooperation among the parties concerned would ensure sustainability in this fishery.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target