EU: Fischler proposes special import quota for Argentine beef
Following a meeting with Argentina's agriculture minister Miguel Angel Paulón in Barcelona, Franz Fischler, EU Commissioner for Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries, announced that he intends to propose a special autonomous import quota for high quality beef. "Extraordinary situations call for extraordinary responses. Argentina is suffering a major economic and social crisis and Europe has promised to help. In light of these unique circumstances, I will propose to the Commission the opening of an autonomous import quota of 10 000 tonnes for quality beef ("Hilton beef"), in addition to the annual quota for Argentine beef of 28 000 t for the period July 2002 to June 2003. Again, the EU is showing that it is a good customer and a good friend to Argentina. The EU is the first country to have reopened its markets for Argentine meat imports after the outbreak of Foot and Mouth Disease. Now we are the first to take trade expanding measure to assist the recovery of the Argentine economy. I truly hope that other countries will join the EU in its move".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review