EU: Fischler pushes for more CAP reform, focuses on dairy sector
EU agriculture Commissioner Franz Fischler is pressing for further reforms to Europe's Common Agricultural Policy, taking it beyond Brussels' established Agenda 2000 changes. In recent speeches, Fischler has especially focused on the need to reform the EU's long-standing dairy quota system, protecting a sector where prices are currently low. The Agenda 2000 package excluded dairy, but Fischler suggested that its reform should be brought forward. He is under pressure to abandon export subsidies at the WTO Doha round, a fact that will make dairy quotas harder to justify financially.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex