EU: Fischler pushes for more CAP reform, focuses on dairy sector
EU agriculture Commissioner Franz Fischler is pressing for further reforms to Europe's Common Agricultural Policy, taking it beyond Brussels' established Agenda 2000 changes. In recent speeches, Fischler has especially focused on the need to reform the EU's long-standing dairy quota system, protecting a sector where prices are currently low. The Agenda 2000 package excluded dairy, but Fischler suggested that its reform should be brought forward. He is under pressure to abandon export subsidies at the WTO Doha round, a fact that will make dairy quotas harder to justify financially.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch