EU: Fischler sees innovation as key to future of sustainable agriculture
European agriculture commissioner Franz Fisher explained last week that quality standards for taste and agricultural production methods would have to be introduced to answer demands from consumers across the EU. Speaking at the agriculture and food round table in Greece, Fischler explained: "We must ensure that we know what is expected from a modern agricultural production sector [and] that we deliver in the future quality to everyone and not only to a few who can afford it."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill