EU: Fischler sees innovation as key to future of sustainable agriculture
European agriculture commissioner Franz Fisher explained last week that quality standards for taste and agricultural production methods would have to be introduced to answer demands from consumers across the EU. Speaking at the agriculture and food round table in Greece, Fischler explained: "We must ensure that we know what is expected from a modern agricultural production sector [and] that we deliver in the future quality to everyone and not only to a few who can afford it."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'