EU: Fischler sees innovation as key to future of sustainable agriculture
European agriculture commissioner Franz Fisher explained last week that quality standards for taste and agricultural production methods would have to be introduced to answer demands from consumers across the EU. Speaking at the agriculture and food round table in Greece, Fischler explained: "We must ensure that we know what is expected from a modern agricultural production sector [and] that we deliver in the future quality to everyone and not only to a few who can afford it."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin