EU: Fischler supports legal action against French import ban on UK lamb
EU agriculture commissioner Franz Fischler is quoted as pledging yesterday [Tuesday] to support legal action against the French government if it proceeds to impose curbs on the import of British lamb. France has threatened to ban imports of British lambs over six months of age unless the spinal cord has been removed. The ban could be imposed from next Monday, in contravention of EU laws.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast