EU/USA: Fischler urges US officials to wait on GM issue
The EU's agriculture commissioner Franz Fischler said he had told US officials this week that filing a complaint with the WTO about the EU's GM food policy could backfire. Fischler said he told US trade representative Robert Zoellick and US agriculture secretary Ann Veneman that a case against the European moratorium on genetically modified foods would only make European officials and consumer activists "make arguments about the risks" and therefore highlight the potential problems of biotechnology.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival