EU: Fischler welcomes Johannesburg agreement to prevent overfishing
EU Fisheries and Agriculture Commissioner Franz Fischler has voiced his support for the measures to prevent overfishing agreeed at the ongoing World Summit for Sustainable Development in Johannesburg. Commenting on the agreement to prevent overfishing in international waters and to restore stocks of threatened species which was reached at the Summit, Fischler said: "I fully support the agreement reached in Johannesburg which commits countries to limiti fishing to sustainable levels and take steps to restore stocks by 2015. This is a clear signal that there is growing recognition at an international global level of the need to take fisheries conservation seriously.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods