EU: Fischler welcomes Johannesburg agreement to prevent overfishing
EU Fisheries and Agriculture Commissioner Franz Fischler has voiced his support for the measures to prevent overfishing agreeed at the ongoing World Summit for Sustainable Development in Johannesburg. Commenting on the agreement to prevent overfishing in international waters and to restore stocks of threatened species which was reached at the Summit, Fischler said: "I fully support the agreement reached in Johannesburg which commits countries to limiti fishing to sustainable levels and take steps to restore stocks by 2015. This is a clear signal that there is growing recognition at an international global level of the need to take fisheries conservation seriously.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill