UK: Fish! boss pays £100,000 damages to celebrity chef
When Fish! restaurant owner Tony Allan told British daily newspaper The Mirror that celebrity chef Marco Pierre White "had served real ink to a customer in place of squid ink in a dish of braised cuttlefish in one of his restaurants" in 1988, he could not have imagined facing the £100,000 damages and £1.5m legal costs he is today, having settled libel action out of court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli
- Bellamy's CEO exits as outlook slashed