UK: Fish! boss pays £100,000 damages to celebrity chef
When Fish! restaurant owner Tony Allan told British daily newspaper The Mirror that celebrity chef Marco Pierre White "had served real ink to a customer in place of squid ink in a dish of braised cuttlefish in one of his restaurants" in 1988, he could not have imagined facing the £100,000 damages and £1.5m legal costs he is today, having settled libel action out of court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre