EU: Fish producer organisations in the pipeline
The European Commission's plan to promote the role of fishing producer organisations in the formulation of EU fishing policy and hence strengthen their ability to market fish and conserve stocks, has borne fruit. An EU Forum of Producers' Organisations has met for the first time in Brussels. These organisations are now required to draw up operational programmes each year, containing strategies to balance supply and demand. Said a Commission statement: "Better programming of landings should avoid waste, lead to a reduction in the volume of fish withdrawn from the market for lack of demand and contribute towards improving the value of the products landed or produced by aquaculture."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review