EU: Fish producer organisations in the pipeline
The European Commission's plan to promote the role of fishing producer organisations in the formulation of EU fishing policy and hence strengthen their ability to market fish and conserve stocks, has borne fruit. An EU Forum of Producers' Organisations has met for the first time in Brussels. These organisations are now required to draw up operational programmes each year, containing strategies to balance supply and demand. Said a Commission statement: "Better programming of landings should avoid waste, lead to a reduction in the volume of fish withdrawn from the market for lack of demand and contribute towards improving the value of the products landed or produced by aquaculture."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO