EU: Fish producer organisations in the pipeline
The European Commission's plan to promote the role of fishing producer organisations in the formulation of EU fishing policy and hence strengthen their ability to market fish and conserve stocks, has borne fruit. An EU Forum of Producers' Organisations has met for the first time in Brussels. These organisations are now required to draw up operational programmes each year, containing strategies to balance supply and demand. Said a Commission statement: "Better programming of landings should avoid waste, lead to a reduction in the volume of fish withdrawn from the market for lack of demand and contribute towards improving the value of the products landed or produced by aquaculture."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival