USA: Fitch Places Bestfoods' Debt Rating On Watch Evolving
Fitch has placed its ratings of Bestfoods' (BFO) senior debt of 'A+' and commercial paper of 'F1' on Rating Watch Evolving following the company's announcement that it has signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by Unilever NV. This rating action covers BFO's public debt of approximately $3.3 billion.The acquisition, which is expected to be consummated in the fourth quarter of this year, will cost Unilever approximately $20.0 billion in addition to the assumption of $3.3 billion of Bestfoods' debt. While the acquisition is highly complementary and will significantly strengthen Unilever's global food operations, resolution of the Rating Watch status will depend upon, among other things, the credit profile and financial and operational strategy of the combined entity. In addition, opportunities for cost reduction through administrative and operating efficiencies will be reviewed.Fitch is an international rating agency that provides global capital market investors with the highest quality ratings and research. Dual headquartered in New York and London with a major office in Chicago, Fitch rates entities in 75 countries and has some 1,100 employees in more than 40 local offices worldwide. The agency, which is a combination of Fitch IBCA and Duff & Phelps Credit Rating Co., provides ratings for Financial Institutions, Corporations, Structured Finance, Insurance, Sovereigns and Public Finance Markets worldwide.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report