USA: Fitch Places Dean Foods On Rating Watch Negative
Fitch has placed its `A' senior unsecured notes rating and its commercial paper `F1' rating of Dean Foods Company's (Dean) on Rating Watch Negative, following the company's announcement of a definitive agreement to acquire Land O' Lakes Upper Midwest fluid milk operations. Fitch's rating actions reflect the recent increase in leverage due to debt financed share repurchases and the anticipated debt financed acquisition of Land O' Lakes dairy operations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1