UK: Five portions of greens promoted amongst nation's youth
This week is Food Awareness Week , promoted by the British Diabetic Association and designed to urge 16-24 year olds to eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables every day. Coinciding with Europe Against Cancer week, the Give Me Five campaign has been launched in response to recent research that displayed a distinct lack of greens in most young people's diets. It hopes to remedy this by telling young people that eating greens will protect against cancer and improve their looks.The research was carried out by the government and found that less than half the recommended five portion of fruit and vegetables were eaten by four-eighteen year olds, and that males ate even less than females. Even more worrying for nutritional experts, a fifth of youngsters had not eaten any fruit at all in the week before they were questioned.Through jokes, meal suggestions and dietary advice, the Give Me Five campaign hopes to convince the nation's youth that eating greens is important. Indeed, education is necessary. Only 35% of adults know that they should be eating five portions a day, and the chairwoman of the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review