CANADA: Five-week strike to hit Sobeys' Q4 profits
Canadian grocery chain Sobeys has said that a five-week strike by workers at its Whitby distribution center near Toronto will impact the company's fourth-quarter profits. Sobeys said it expects the strike, which ended 5 May, to cost the company C$11.3m (US$8.1m) before taxes, or 11 cents a share after taxes, for the fourth quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea