USA: Flat earnings expected from McDonald's Q4 results
Ahead of McDonald's announcement of its Q4 fiscal l results today (24 January), analysts were not expecting great things. In fact, the earnings of the world's largest fastfood chain are forecast to fall a little flat. There are three predominant reasons for the distinct lack of profit buoyancy at the US corporation. The BSE scare in Europe has had an extremely negative effect on the sales of beef patties, and the company's carefully preserved reputation took a dent when a mad cow was uncovered at its important Italian supplier,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea