USA: Flat earnings expected from McDonald's Q4 results
Ahead of McDonald's announcement of its Q4 fiscal l results today (24 January), analysts were not expecting great things. In fact, the earnings of the world's largest fastfood chain are forecast to fall a little flat. There are three predominant reasons for the distinct lack of profit buoyancy at the US corporation. The BSE scare in Europe has had an extremely negative effect on the sales of beef patties, and the company's carefully preserved reputation took a dent when a mad cow was uncovered at its important Italian supplier,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth