USA: Fleming Announces the Sale of Six Thompson's Food Markets to Sullivan's Foods
Fleming (NYSE: FLM) today announced the company has reached an agreement for the sale of six Thompson's Food Basket® stores to Sullivan's Foods. Six of the remaining stores will be closed and one retained. The stores, comprising one of Fleming's smaller chains, will be sold as part of Fleming's previously announced strategic plan. Fleming will continue supplying all of the stores with food and general merchandise product from the Lacrosse product supply center. In addition, Sullivan's Foods will continue to merchandise the Best Yet store brand. Fleming Chairman and CEO Mark Hansen said: "We appreciate the commitment by Sullivan's Foods in selecting Fleming to service their business. We are eager to contribute to their success with continually improving distribution and buying efficiency." Fleming is a $15 billion company and industry leader in distribution and has a growing presence in value retailing and business-to-business e-commerce. Fleming's primary business is buying and selling merchandise. The company serves approximately 3,000 supermarkets, 3,000 convenience stores and nearly 1,000 supercenters, plus discount, limited assortment, drug, specialty, e-tailers and other businesses across the country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival