USA: Fleming Announces the Sale of Six Thompson's Food Markets to Sullivan's Foods
Fleming (NYSE: FLM) today announced the company has reached an agreement for the sale of six Thompson's Food Basket® stores to Sullivan's Foods. Six of the remaining stores will be closed and one retained. The stores, comprising one of Fleming's smaller chains, will be sold as part of Fleming's previously announced strategic plan. Fleming will continue supplying all of the stores with food and general merchandise product from the Lacrosse product supply center. In addition, Sullivan's Foods will continue to merchandise the Best Yet store brand. Fleming Chairman and CEO Mark Hansen said: "We appreciate the commitment by Sullivan's Foods in selecting Fleming to service their business. We are eager to contribute to their success with continually improving distribution and buying efficiency." Fleming is a $15 billion company and industry leader in distribution and has a growing presence in value retailing and business-to-business e-commerce. Fleming's primary business is buying and selling merchandise. The company serves approximately 3,000 supermarkets, 3,000 convenience stores and nearly 1,000 supercenters, plus discount, limited assortment, drug, specialty, e-tailers and other businesses across the country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image