USA: Fleming CFO denies bankruptcy worries
The US' largest grocery distributor, Fleming, has said that the company is not in danger of financial insolvency after losing its largest customer, US retailer Kmart. "That notion is ludicrous," Chief financial officer Mark Shapiro told Dow Jones Newswires, asked if Fleming might file for bankruptcy following the end of its supply agreement with Kmart.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review