USA: Fleming enters agreement to acquire two food 4 less stores from Jumbo Market, Inc.
Fleming (NYSE:FLM) announced today that it has entered an agreement to purchase two of the three Food 4 Less franchised stores from Jumbo Market, Inc. The transaction is expected to be closed in approximately one month. Fleming has also located a retail customer to acquire the third franchise Food 4 Less store which it will continue to supply. "We are pleased to add these high-performance stores to the Food 4 Less operation," said Dennis Lucas, Executive Vice President and President of Fleming Retail. "The Food 4 Less format is key to growing our value retail operations, which has tremendous market opportunity." The two stores being purchased are in Antioch and Fairfield, California. The company announced last week that it is accelerating the growth of its value retail operations by converting approximately 15 company-owned conventional retail stores to the Food 4 Less type format. The conversion of conventional stores and this acquisition would grow the Food 4 Less format from 26 to 43 stores. Fleming is a $15 billion company and industry leader in distribution and has a growing presence in value retailing. Fleming's primary business is buying and selling merchandise. The company serves approximately 3,000 supermarkets, 3,000 convenience stores and nearly 1,000 supercenters, discount, limited assortment, drug, specialty, e-tailers and other businesses across the country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review