USA: Fleming files for bankruptcy protection
US grocery distributor Fleming has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection less than two months after losing a US$4.5bn supply deal with convenience store chain Kmart. The loss of the contract with Kmart, which itself filed for bankruptcy protection over a year ago, left Fleming struggling to find new business deals while also undergoing an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission into its accounting practices.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat