USA: Fleming files for bankruptcy protection
US grocery distributor Fleming has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection less than two months after losing a US$4.5bn supply deal with convenience store chain Kmart. The loss of the contract with Kmart, which itself filed for bankruptcy protection over a year ago, left Fleming struggling to find new business deals while also undergoing an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission into its accounting practices.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea