USA: Fleming issues response to Kmart bankruptcy announcement
Grocery supplier Fleming responded yesterday [Tuesday] to the announcement by Kmart that it has filed for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code and obtained debtor-in-possession financing. Mark Hansen, chairman of the board and CEO of Fleming. commented: "First and foremost, the Kmart filing helps define the path forward in our relationship. Kmart's debtor in possession financing gives it the critical liquidity needed to fund its operations during the reorganization process, a necessary first step in resuming our relationship.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review