USA: Fleming issues response to Kmart bankruptcy announcement
Grocery supplier Fleming responded yesterday [Tuesday] to the announcement by Kmart that it has filed for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code and obtained debtor-in-possession financing. Mark Hansen, chairman of the board and CEO of Fleming. commented: "First and foremost, the Kmart filing helps define the path forward in our relationship. Kmart's debtor in possession financing gives it the critical liquidity needed to fund its operations during the reorganization process, a necessary first step in resuming our relationship.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti