USA: Fleming moves to intensify implementation of its growth strategies
Fleming Moves to Intensify Implementation of Its Growth Strategies:Accelerating Value Retailing, Leveraging Distribution EfficienciesThrough a Low-Cost Supply Chain and Solidifying the Company's Balance Sheet Fleming (NYSE:FLM) announced today that it has completed the strategic evaluation of its company-owned conventional retail stores which was announced in April. The purpose of the strategic evaluation was to focus Fleming's financial and management resources on its growth areas. The evaluation of the strategic alternatives to Fleming's conventional supermarket chains was completed with the assistance of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter. This evaluation encompassed the 161 conventional retail operations, including:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch