USA: Fleming reaches agreement to sell Baker's Retail Stores to Kroger Co. and agrees to three-year supply arrangement for Baker's Stores
Fleming (NYSE:FLM) yesterday announced that Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) has agreed to purchase the 16 retail stores operated by Baker's Supermarkets, located in the Omaha, Nebraska, area. Kroger is expected to offer employment opportunities to substantially all of the Baker's Supermarkets associates involved with the operations. The transaction should be finalized within 90 days.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund