USA: Fleming reaches agreement to sell Baker's Retail Stores to Kroger Co. and agrees to three-year supply arrangement for Baker's Stores
Fleming (NYSE:FLM) yesterday announced that Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) has agreed to purchase the 16 retail stores operated by Baker's Supermarkets, located in the Omaha, Nebraska, area. Kroger is expected to offer employment opportunities to substantially all of the Baker's Supermarkets associates involved with the operations. The transaction should be finalized within 90 days.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report