USA: Fleming reaches agreement to sell Baker's Retail Stores to Kroger Co. and agrees to three-year supply arrangement for Baker's Stores
Fleming (NYSE:FLM) yesterday announced that Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) has agreed to purchase the 16 retail stores operated by Baker's Supermarkets, located in the Omaha, Nebraska, area. Kroger is expected to offer employment opportunities to substantially all of the Baker's Supermarkets associates involved with the operations. The transaction should be finalized within 90 days.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast