USA: Fleming sees quarterly profit up 60%
Dallas-based grocery distribution giant Fleming Co. posted Q1 earnings up nearly 60% earlier today [Tuesday]. Sales in the quarter rose more than 13% to US$4.69bn. Net income rose to US$24.6m, or 52 cents a share, from US$15.5m, or 37 cents a share, in the previous year. Flemming said that excluding the costs linked to the bankruptcy filing of discount giant Kmart, a large Flemming customer, the company earned 57 cents per share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch