USA: Fleming signs lease for Food 4 Less Store in Lubbock, Texas
Fleming (NYSE:FLM) announced today that it has signed a lease for a new Food 4 Less store in Lubbock, Texas. The 60,000-square-foot store, located at 50th and Boston, is expected to be opened in the third quarter of 2001. "We are pleased to add the high-performance Food 4 Less format to the West Texas and New Mexico area," said Dennis Lucas, Executive Vice President and President of Fleming Retail. "Food 4 Less price impact stores are key to growing our value retail operations and have the potential to deliver tremendous growth, particularly in this market." This is one of several Food 4 Less stores that the company intends to bring to the Lubbock area. "We are excited for this new business and look forward to the additional growth in this market," said Carroll McLarty, President of the Lubbock Division. "This will strengthen our independent retailers as the division benefits from the added efficiencies that increased volume brings." Fleming is an industry leader in distribution and has a growing presence in value retailing. Fleming's primary business is buying and selling merchandise. The company serves approximately 3,000 supermarkets, 3,000 convenience stores and nearly 1,000 supercenters, discount, limited assortment, drug, specialty, e-tailing and other businesses across the country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti